• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root issues with Darkys rom

ayrshiredude

Mar 16, 2010
Am currently running Darkys rom 10.1 and having a few problems with it wondered if anyone could help.

I have it running with ADW launcher and find it very sluggish. Constantly sticking and freezing. Not sure if adw launcher is the isuue here though. Also find some apps that require internet access will work fine then after you close them if you reopen it then it won't access the net. You seem to have to go into the task manager and stop it then try again and it works.

Quite often when you type things you can type a whole word with nothing displaying before the work just appears. Seems to be quite laggy.

Does anyone else have these issues?

Thanks

I'm also running darky's 10.1 rom, and I'm not having any of the issues you mention - it's my first custom rom and I'm really pleased with the results.

The first thing to check would be that you're actually running what you think you're running - it's easy to miss a step flashing the rom and find you're actually still running on stock at the end of the process, so dive into your "about phone" settings and make sure it's got the right rom info in there.

Then I'd check that you've got your Voodoo lagfix enabled. I noticed after flashing that there's a real performance boost with lagfix in place (more than I'd noticed running a rooted stock rom with OCLF activated).

Finally, try with another launcher. ADW is well-renowned, but give something like GO Launcher EX a try (that's what I'm using) and just see if there's any difference.

If all else fails, drop the team at Darky's a message on their site - they seem pretty active and friendly!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones