1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root issues with ERE25

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by klandenstein, Mar 4, 2010.

1. klandenstein

klandenstein New Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Running Ultimate Droid 4.0.1 and tried going to 5.0, threw me into a bootloop, had to pull the battery and restore. prior to this I was extremely stable, never an FC and OCd to 1ghz no problem running smooth 31-40C, can easilly do 1.2ghz but i dont need the extra power. all with droidmod's kernel. so now after this debacle I can't even use the market, as anytime I try to install something I freshly download it FCs. (process com.android.vending)

if it helps, yes i did do a wipe in SPRecovery before restoring.

Any way to fix this constant FCing? It is 100% reproducible. I don't want to give up all my appdata, and unfortunately I don't have titanium installed, I tried but as I stated before that I can't install anything with market.

Advertisement

2. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    is a smokey place.
  3. klandenstein

klandenstein New Member

Mar 4, 2010
    I get an error 25 in SPRecovery with 0.99.3b when i try to use the 2.0.0 nandroid. i searched the forum but didnt really get anywhere as to why this is happening. i decided to try UD0.5 without restoring my apps in nandroid from my 4.0.1, works perfectly. I guess I just gotta live with the loss, was hoping i didnt have to lose any appdata, but sadly that is not the case. thanks for all the help.

4. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    is a smokey place.
    Error 25 is i think... means you have subfolders within the folder SPRecovery is trying to pull the rom info from.

e.g.: /nandroid/BCDMRS-20100224-0107/ (here is where your rom files should sit)
    What you may have is this: /nandroid/BCDMRS-20100224-0107/subfolder?/ (here is where your rom files sit)

It should be like the first example to work.

5. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    I have seen the same issues. Install (after wiping data and cache) one of these roms and then sit in a constant rebooting loop where sometimes you get to the unlock screen and sometimes it reboots before that.

What I have had to do when moving to a new ERE25 rom (even from Pete's to Blackdroid's) is this:

- Wipe Data and Cache in Recovery
    - Install 'virginOEM' rom via nandroid backup (I don't know if that is the name exactly nor do I remember where I downloaded it from but I have had it for awhile...it is a rooted "stock" 2.0.1 rom...you don't lose root with this rom.
    - Once I have installed that virgin rom...I rebooted, signed into my phone (first time use kind of stuff with setting up your google acct, etc.).
    - Reaffirmed why we all rooted in the first place! Stock sucks!:D
    - Once the syncing of contacts was done and the phone stopped processing, I rebooted into recovery.
    - Installed a ERE25 base rom via nandroid (I did this with BB and with UD).
    - Rebooted and everything worked fine.

Edit: After re-reading the posts here...I don't know that I was answering the question posed by the OP. Having said that, I have not seen the same issue as him, but if you try what I did and then flash to a previous backup vs. a new ERE25 base rom, that might work for you as well.

Why this worked?...I'm not sure. It made sense to me to try it at the time and I haven't questioned it since...just my experience.

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Now that me finals and midterms are over, it's time to get hacking on my phone.

Seems there have been a lot of changes, so I need to play with some new builds and see who / what is best for me again.

I'll be posting back with some new pics and stuff later on, but for now I am gonna go explore AllDroid and see who has what out.