1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Issues with factory reset...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by McLabia, Jun 7, 2011.

1. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    City of Sharks to the City of Live Music!
    So, before I start this, Yes I was a noob. I didnt make a nandroid backup from when I first rooted my phone and everything worked 100%. I didnt read, and I guess its now biting me in the ass.

The past few months Ive been having issues with Wifi, it continuously says "Unable to scan for networks". I did a factory reset about a week and a half ago and for the first time my wifi was able to connect, however it was dropping out every couple minutes. Wouldnt even stay connected to install any market updates.

I figured that it was something with my dying router(Which Ive since replaced) so I flashed in BAMF to see if I could keep my wifi connection with another rom. Ive been using VirusROM(Love it even though its out od date). I wiped and flashed in BAMF, and restarted. When I restarted, I had no wifi again. Since then, Ive been trying out different ROMS and kernels in hopes that I would find something that would fix it. Nothing did.

After this I figured that I would just do another factory reset and go from there, however with all of the times Ive done the factory resets it never actually gets reset. Does it wipe my info? Yes, but it boots back up with all of the portions of whatever ROM I had installed last. Not reset. So now Ive ended up with two problems.

1. I still have no wifi
    2. I cant factory reset so that I can figure out what is going on with my wifi.

Ive wiped Cache/Batt Stats/Davlick and done a factory reset literally six times in a row to hopefully clean EVERYTHING OUT to no avail. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I hope Im just missing something small because Im still new to android.

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Are you using ROM Manager to do all your wipes by any chance?

3. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    City of Sharks to the City of Live Music!

Nope, Ive been using recovery to wipe. I almost never use rom manager for anything to be honest.

So, Im now rerooting because I went back to stock s-on. Still no wifi however and its bugging the crap out of me.