1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issues with file names on Photo transfer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nightmare060, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Nightmare060

Nightmare060 Lurker

Recently I got a Samsung Galaxy Ace as a christmas present, but it seems I am having an issue with the file names of all the photos I take with the camera. Whenever I connect to Kies to transfer files to my computer, it names all of the files by date. So say I took 5 photos on the same day, it will name them all "2012-12-28 23.20.49.jpg", so when I try and transfer a different photo, it will say it wants to over-write that image name. But for some reason it doesn't even do that, still showing up as the first photo I took on that day. All of these photos show up as different images on Kies it's self.

Also, I can't seem to find the containing folder where all the photos are stored by default. I can easily go through my phone galleries and it shows the photos gallery, but when I try and find the folder they are in to transfer files to newly created folders, it won't show any folders that contain these files.

So my two main questions are;
    1: How do I transfer photo files to my computer and have them show up as different photos (since I can't find then to rename them while in Kies).
    2: Where can I find the folder to the files containing these photos on my phone?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

The pictures are in a folder named DCIM...inside there browse for them...if Kies is acting up on you, just use USB mass storage...I have abandoned Kies over a year ago...;)

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews