1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issues with Google maps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jerethi, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Jerethi

Jerethi Member

Has anyone experienced very jumpy/erratic behavior when using Google maps?

When I use two fingers to twist the view, Maps will get "stuck" for a short period. It will eventually become "unstuck" but it's not a very fluid motion at all. It's quite frustrating.

I do not believe this is the common Nexus 7 multi-touch issue that many folks have experienced. I say this for three reasons: (1) I have downloaded any installed the YAMTT and multi-touch on this tablet appears to work flawlessly; (2) I do not experience this issue whatsoever in Google Earth, which uses the exact same mutlti-touch interface for navigation; and (3) as I mentioned above, Maps will eventually become unstuck.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Since I can use Google Earth without any issues, I suspect this is a Google Maps issue software issue.

2. Jerethi

Jerethi Member

Bump! Anyone have any thoughts on this?

3. I havent had this issue with google maps. A few days ago I recieved an update, and it seems to work fine. Did you ever get the update the past week or so?

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews