1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

issues with lg connect after unrooting.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonylc74, Apr 20, 2012.

1. tonylc74

tonylc74 Android Enthusiast

Hi, my problem occurred after deleting xbin folder, su, and then superuser APk from system/app. This was fine till I did a hard reset, afterwards when then phone did finally reboot, when I was doing the device setup I had no keyboard to enter my gmail account and other info. Well it got worse. The phone would force close and a dialogue would come up saying: android process settings have shutdown unexpectedly. The only way I could fix this was to first, use my wife's phone to send me a text with a link for a keyboard apk. Then I had to do the same for a launcher/home replacement because it wouldn't load my homescreen either! What would be you're thoughts on this? Sorry about the long post but I thought this could help if anyone else experiences this problem.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OrKo

OrKo Android Expert

Did you uninstall/delete either one of those, the home lg launcher or the lg and or the Swype keyboard while you were rooted?

3. tonylc74

No I had them frozen with antek app manager, so I'm thinking maybe they remained frozen after I unrooted. I'm afraid to shutdown my phone in fear of it not rebooting correctly.

4. kanaida

kanaida Android Expert

its possible. as a rule of thumb its bad to remove home and keyboards. you might need to do the soft restore

5. tonylc74

Kanaida how do u do a soft restore? Even if I don't its all good I'm getting a replacement Thursday or Friday. But would still like to know how.

6. tonylc74

And yea I know you don't remove home/keyboard, I had keyboard frozen because it kept wanting to come on. Their still in system/app but I'm not rooted now so I can't access.

7. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert

ok where do i need to read so i can learn to unroot this thing. im used to odin. is there another method i dont know about??

8. tonylc74

If u know already then disregard. Go into system/app and delete xbin folder and cwm then delete or move superuser apk, if I'm wrong then Simone please correct me.

9. borytineo

borytineo Newbie

I have ur info uploadfromtaptalk1405395093256.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405395141876.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405395164584.jpg

Sent from my SM-S765C using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews