1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issues with making phone calls...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nolimit06, Dec 21, 2011.

1. nolimit06

nolimit06 Well-Known Member

Hey guys my girlfriend and I both have the Evo, her's is Black and mine is White and both are HW 0004. I have rooted both phones and we are running pretty much the same setup. She is having problems with the phone making phone calls when she moves from a area with a WiFi signal to outside and she is unable to make phone calls for about 5 minutes when it switches from WiFi to 3G. I am at a loss on what to do to fix this problem. I have wiped all the cache and did a factory reset from recovery and still having the problem.

Here are the details of her phone setup:

ROM: Decks 1.3
    Kernel: SavagedZen 2.2.1 SBC HAVS

Not sure if I should try updating the radio files or trying a certain combination and flash back to Sense and see if it fixes the problem. If anyone as suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

try and wipe dalvik cache and cache and re-flash the rom. do not wipe data.

3. nolimit06

We have tried that already, she was running CM7 before I tried Decks on her phone.

4. ocnbrze

well you can try and upgrade you radios. for some people they were able to get better 3g speeds, but not to sure on call quality.

also maybe try a sense rom and see if it is an aosp thing for the phone.

nolimit06 likes this.
  5. nolimit06

I will give it a shot tonight and report back. She is just so frustrated with it and having to setup her screens again lol.

6. ocnbrze

it could be also your wifi sleep policy that you have setup maybe.

7. CITC

CITC Newbie

Bump to this. Was there a solution?

8. ocnbrze

well since this has been posted almost a year from now, i'm not sure if no limit found an answer.

but what exactly is happening to your phone. be as specfic as possible. what rom are you on? what recovery do you have?

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews