1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Issues with official Facebook App on Moto Droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by decapoddiver, May 7, 2010.

1. decapoddiver

decapoddiver Lurker

May 4, 2010
    I am able to access my photos, friends etc but when I click on News Feed, I get "No Content. An error has occurred while fetching data. MalformedJSON"
    Deleted/re-installed and made no difference. Anyone else having same issue or have a suggestion? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Android Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2009
    Retail
    Springfield, MO
    Try logging out and then relog in, I had a similar issue once and that seemed to cure it.

3. decapoddiver

decapoddiver Lurker

May 4, 2010
    Tried that and also, I looked again and realized that I can't remove the program, only the updates. Is the official app one of those like Amazon in that you can't remove it?

4. Yes, you can't remove it (unless you are rooted). Have you tried Bloo? I like it much better than the official FB app. Do you get the same error FB mobile? I just tried the FB app, no trouble getting into anything.

5. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Android Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2009
    I just use touch.facebook.com because it still has the most options of any app, and it doesn't take up space on your phone. Until someone gets their act together on the facebook app for Android this is the only option I feel.

6. dB Zac

dB Zac Android Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2009
    Custom car fabricator
    Oroville, CA
    there is an update for facebook on the market. Just happened to be on there and i noticed it

7. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Virginia
    Facebook app has been down (and when its up it still sucks anyways) even Verizon sent a twitter about it and said to use the touch site.

I prefer the full site, so its my number one browser bookmark.

8. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    I had the same issue for about 3 weeks and then it just went away and started working again. I am rooted and uninstalled and reinstalled FB and that didnt help. I think it was something in the content on the page that was preventing it from loading. There is a touch facebook app in the market. I use that as a backup because I notice that my private messages take too long to show up in the regular facebook app.

9. Arte Suave

Arte Suave Newbie

May 24, 2010
    Mine has been down. I checked today and its fine. A lot of people have been having the same problem.

10. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Android Expert

Mar 31, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Mine works....for now.