1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issues with Samsung Galaxy S2 Mobile

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arunodhay, Aug 23, 2012.

1. arunodhay

arunodhay Lurker

Hi,
    I am facing problem with S2 from past 5 - 7 days. My phone sometimes aoutomatically restarts and sometimes it automatically shutsdown.

Another problem which i am facing is that sometimes my signal goes off and keeps on searching and comes back.

Another problem is that when sometimes phone hangs and does not allow anything to work. And if i try to restart the phone it completely drains my battery (even if my battery is 80 %) and i have to start the charging again.

I have upgraded to new firmware 2 - 3 months back. I have always faced problem of battery consumption and most of the time i would get 4 - 5 hrs backup.

Can anyone help me to get my problems.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

Did you install any recent apps? Your firmware upgrade might be causing the problems as well.

Maybe you could do a factory reset and see if that resolves the issue. Don't forget to backup everything you can before you do the reset.

3. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

i too am having signal loss problems and other issues
    seems to be 4.0.4 related

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to Android Forums arunodhay! :)

I'm guessing that if you have the GT-i9100, international, phone, and not the, "G", variant, and you updated 2-3 months ago, that you are on Android 4.0.3.

If you go to...

Settings > About phone > Model number... and... Android version

this will give us more information to help you.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews