• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with the market.

G.Armour

You know you want to.
Jan 11, 2010
Georgia
For the past couple of days I have been trying to update and download new apps from the market. Random apps fail to either update or install. I have tried clearing data from the market and reboot my phone, but alas, the problem remains.. It is really becoming annoying and I am about ready to do a factory reset on my D2 but I wanted to check with you guys first to see if y'all had any suggestions. Oh just out of sheer curiosity, I know 2 of the apps in particular that I am having problems with is pretty popular, Launcher Pro and Angry Birds, so has or is anyone else experiencing these problems?

For the past couple of days I have been trying to update and download new apps from the market. Random apps fail to either update or install. I have tried clearing data from the market and reboot my phone, but alas, the problem remains.. It is really becoming annoying and I am about ready to do a factory reset on my D2 but I wanted to check with you guys first to see if y'all had any suggestions. Oh just out of sheer curiosity, I know 2 of the apps in particular that I am having problems with is pretty popular, Launcher Pro and Angry Birds, so has or is anyone else experiencing these problems?

I've read similar problems happening in other forums and some say its Google. They also say some pre-Gingerbread updates that have messed with some people's markets. Their only solution was to wait it out.

Upvote 0
Ok, so here is an update... I did a factory reset, rerooted, ran titanium backup and tried to restore the apps that were failing from the market to start with and guess what.. Titanium Backup wouldn't even install them..

The Root is the problem. I had a rooted ERIS before my current phone and it failed to recognize apps that I had previously downloaded/purchased (they didn't even come up when I searched for them in the market). Don't quote me on this but my experience as well as those I've read about lead me to believe that the Market is ROM sensitive and won't allow you to download apps that it doesn't feel your phone can run(i.e. in the case of my old ERIS, at one point I went from Android 2.1 back to 1.5 due to bug issues and the apps that were 2.1 dependent disappeared from my market).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones