1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Issues with Upgrading to Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheBRADLeyB, Dec 20, 2010.

1. TheBRADLeyB

TheBRADLeyB Newbie
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    So I've already got a thread out about my sister's Syncing to Facebook problems since I gave her my Droid (Original) so Now I have to focus on my problems.

I recently got the Droid X (because Verizon is really pushing this Droid Global, despite it really not offering much more then Droid 2 other then less battery Life) and I've got some issues.

I can't figure out how to have my Facebook Apps Sync ONLY Existing Contacts. It's forcing me to Sync all of them or none of them. On Droid when I synced originally it asked me if I wanted All Contacts or just Existing ones but it didn't give me that option and I've unsynced and removed the account a few times now.

I honestly don't want the phone number to 200 people on Facebook. (I mean, the reason I HAVE a facebook is so I don't have to talk to these people on the phone).

Also my calender on my phone isn't showing my Contact's Birthdays like I swear my Old Droid did, the Birthdays show up on Calender.google.com

Also the Following Applications:

Amazon MP3
    CityID
    DLNA
    Kindle
    Madden NFL
    NFS Shift
    Quickoffice
    Skype Mobile
    Social Networking
    VZ Navigator

How do I get these damn things off my phone? I have a horrible feeling that they are stuck there forever, which really... Really google/motorola? You have to be like that?

I'm not a big fan of the changing of where the hardkey buttons were located (as in switching them around) but I'll get use to it (thank god they are push keys now) I also dislike that so many Icons are changed...

Advertisement

2. TheBRADLeyB

TheBRADLeyB Newbie
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    I also forgot that my Gmail is no longer alerting me instantly (or even 3-7 hours After) I get an e-mail.

My original droid would Sound and Light after any e-mail instantly but for some reason even if I go into my GMail App the new e-mails don't show until I reSync.

I've looked at the settings for a Sync option that alerts me instantly but I can't find anything like that.

I'm having a more difficult time navigating options in Droid X then Original Droid.

3. mxsjw

mxsjw Android Expert
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    For your gmail issue, I posted this in your other thread...
    Check this for me....

Go to a home screen that has some room, touch and hold till the menu pops up.
    Touch Widgets
    Scroll to Power Control and touch it.
    That's going to add a widget to the home screen with 5 icons.
    From left to right they are Wifi, Blutooth, GPS, Sync, and Brightness.
    Is Sync (circle arrows) highlighted?

It should be...touch it, make the bar below it turn green.

Facebook syncing...If you add your facebook account to the phone, you get all the contacts...none of us has found a good work around. But this app will allow you to get the pictures for your phone contacts which are also facebook friends.
    SyncMyPix - Android app on AppBrain

For your Calendar...
    App Drawer > Calendar > Click the menu hard key (far left) > Touch more > Touch Calendars > Make Contact's Bdays "synced, visible" by touching the sync/eye icon on the right.

Removing apps??? You'll need to read up in the Rooting section of the forum...there's lots of methods and opinions on that. Removing, freezing, loading a ROM with out them???

Good luck, hope I've helped at least a little.