• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with web browser

CXXV

Android Enthusiast
Jan 23, 2010
1 - Phone keeps forgetting home page and defaults to the GOOGLE-VERIZON page

2 - When restarting the browser it does not open in the home page but rather whatever page I visited last.

3- There is no way to go back to home page. Only way is to keep backing up.

1 - Phone keeps forgetting home page and defaults to the GOOGLE-VERIZON page

2 - When restarting the browser it does not open in the home page but rather whatever page I visited last.

3- There is no way to go back to home page. Only way is to keep backing up.

#1 - dunno, that never happens to me.

#2 - You are misinterpreting what is happening. If you push the browser to the background (for instance by using the Home softkey), and then return to it, it is at the same place you left it. The same thing will happen if memory gets low on the phone, and the browser gets "reaped" by the process trimmer. Appearances are exactly as you describe them, though. If you manually kill the browser with a task manager, the next time it will start up on the home page.

#3 - There is a workaround: in the browser, do a Menu -> Windows and click on the + symbol to get a new window which always starts on the home page. A lot faster than hitting the back button! (Afterwards, if you want, go back into the browser Windows menu and kill the other window off.)

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones