1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support isync, magic and a few other problems.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joepud, Jun 9, 2009.

1. joepud

joepud Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I am brand new to the htc magic android thing and having a few problems. Previously I synced all my calendar dates with isync and ical (on my n95) but I cant seem to get it to connect any one help me out? Also am I right in thinking the magic does not support bluetooth phone to phone file transfers? if so is there a application I can get that will do this?

Many thanks for any help

Joe.

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    BT file to file transfer is not currently supported.

3. correction bluetooth file transfer is not supported for NON ROOTED users the app you want is BLUEX Cyrket - Bluetooth Fileshare - Bluex

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA

good Find !! I was referring to Non-rooted since the poster was brand new to the phone and did not say he was rooted

5. cychan

cychan Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Business Owner
    Hong Kong
    You can sync with address book and iCal using iSync but not in a straight forward way. On your Address Book, you need to enable sync with google first but not only that. You need to sync with Yahoo as well in order for the google sync to work. This is because the google sync under address book is not a stand along sync app. on iCal. You need to add your gmail address as a new account in order to sync. Once you done that, you can even sync with entourage as well.

6. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Software Developer
    On the sofa
    Go for Spanning Sync if you want painless syncing on a Mac. :D

Hasn't gone wrong on me once.

7. angusg

angusg Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Agreed... I bought it today.. If you google around you can usually find a coupon code as well...

Tags: