• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iSyncr problem - files missing

ericdouglas17

Aug 30, 2010
Hi all,

I sent this e-mail to the developer earlier, but thought someone here might have had a similar issue. I'm using a Samsung Vibrant, Android 2.1 update 1.

I purchased the PC version of iSyncr last night, and have attempted to sync my iTunes library numerous times. Each time, the same thing happens.

1) Installed iSyncr to SD card
2) plugged in USB, and select the option to mount my card for copying files.
3) PC recognizes card, and opens it in Explorer.
4) run iSyncr.exe
5) iTunes is already open, and iSyncr finds the playlists.
6) I select a playlist of roughly 1000 songs, and click Sync.
7) It copies all files to the device, keeping the folder structure as I have it in iTunes.
8) When it completes, the iSyncr window clearly shows that there is now 25.55GB free (previously was 30GB, it's a 32GB card)
9) Windows Explorer confirms this, showing that the contents of the "syncr" folder is about 4.7GB.
10) I click "Eject" in windows explorer, and unplug the USB.

All of a sudden, there are only 156 files on the SD card. All of the folders are still there, but they're all empty, except for a few. When I plug the phone back in, Windows Explorer shows the contents of "syncr" as less than 1GB. See attached screenshots that demonstrate what I'm talking about.

Any ideas? This sounds wacky, I know.

Thanks!
Eric

Attachments

• iSyncr.jpg
    iSyncr.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 149
Now I'm pretty sure it's not an iSyncr issue......I wrote a VB script to copy 2000 files to the SD card, keeping the folder structure intact. Same exact behavior as above.

The SD card is one I got off eBay, it's a Kingston 32MB, but with Chinese packaging. Shouldn't be a big deal, I think.

I doubt it's a write-protect issue, since some files are still intact. This is crazy.

Upvote 0
Hello dude / ericdouglas17 / Eric!!

Welcome to the Droid Forums!

Yes it is a bit wacky by the sounds of it :)

Did you say iTunes dude?

Everything (sadly) in itunes has DRM "protection" on it ... so i am guessing this is a drm issue... hmm i dunno actually... i am guessing ur options are:

1) Remove DRM from your tracks somehow: Remove DRM protection and then use another music manager.

2) Get another media / music manager to manage tracks here: MediaMonkey Standard - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

and if that doesn't work.... then i am out of options sorry.

:(

Hope this helps ya dude.

Upvote 0
hey, thanks for the input. Unfortunately, it's not a DRM issue.....I recently upgraded to itunes "pro", which removes the protection. Also, the files are disappearing before I try to play ,them.

I'm going to try loading them into the phone storage and see if I have a similar issue. If not, then it must be something specific to the SD card.

Upvote 0
Turns out that it most likely had nothing to do with iSyncr or iTunes at all. I believe it was the SD card. Either the card was bad (I bought it on iTunes, and have since gotten a refund), or the Vibrant isn't properly recognizing a 32MB card.

I'm using a 16GB card now, and haven't had any problems. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Hi.

I'd like to revive this thread, and ask if anyone else has had these problems.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S, which I "upgraded" with a 32GB SDHC card ( noname ) which I bought off eBay for $30. I get the feeling that I too am experiencing the same problems.

I sync my playlist with ISyncr, and it tells me it's done, but the result is that when I open my music player, about half the songs are NOT there. The playlist stops about halfway down, between the letters H and L ( depends ).

Funny thing is I can watch the files being written to the card, but when I try and play them off there, most are unplayable ( failure to start service etc. messages ).

My son had this card in his PSP for a while, now that I think of it, and was experiencing similar issues .....

I have now ordered a Sandisk 16GB card from Amazon, which is due to arrive tomorrow, will see how that works .....

Same thing syncing Videos. It supposedly copies 200MB of FLVs, but NONE show up in the player, and after checking, the directory on the card is empty .....

Weird

Sven

Upvote 0
Sven, I had the same exact issue, and it has to be the 32GB card that's the problem. Definitely not a problem with iSyncr, and not a problem with the phone (mine is also a Galaxy S, the Vibrant).

I haven't had any issues with a 16GB card, and the eBay seller refunded my money for the 32GB. I guess they're just not compatible yet. Or maybe they are, if we were to find a legitimate retailer!

Upvote 0
It's 2013...and I'm having similar problems :) Samsung Galaxy S3, brand new.

When I use iSyncr to sync my music (98% non-DRM protected) wirelessly, it works hard for a few hours and copies 25 GB of music. I'm syncing to a Patriot microSD class 4 card. First, I format put the card in my PC and format to FAT32. I've tried to format with the phone too.

All the music appears in file view. Looks good. Genre and playlist syncs too. Ok so far...

All the mp3s are corrupted!! After 1 second, it will switch to a totally separate song!! In the middle. Very frustrating. This has happened over a few different sync methods (winamp, mediamonkey both do this and then crash in the middle too...at least iSyncr can get through the whole first sync).

Anyone else have this issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones