1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

iSyncr weirdness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lotus49, Jun 28, 2013.

1. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

I have been using iSyncr for about two years, firstly with my S2 and now with my S4. Today I decided to change the name of my playlist in iTunes on my Mac and now it has started being thoroughly uncooperative.

I was able to select the playlist to sync OK but iSyncr now insists on syncing to:

/storage/extSdCard/Android/obb/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM4HM/main.1100.com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM4HM.obb/syncr

which is the location for the Modern Combat 4 game files and absolutely nothing to do with media or JRT Studios, rather than the far more logical:

/storage/extSdCard/syncr

where it used to sync to and where I have set it to sync to.

I have ended up deleting all the 20GB of music from my phone because iSyncr said I didn't have enough free space, presumably because it failed to recognise the directory it used to use. Now I have no music on my phone. I have tried deleting all iSyncr's data and uninstalling and reinstalling but it just does the same thing again - it's infuriating. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

I'm answering my own post here but I strongly suspect that this is some strange interaction with FolderMount which I have used to move my Modern Combat 4 game files to my external SD card.

Quite what iSyncr is doing trying to access that folder is a mystery to me but I shall carry on investigating.

3. SeaBreeze87

SeaBreeze87 Newbie

I don't know exactly what is happening here, but if you'd contact me at iSyncr@JRTStudio.com I can investigate further with you. Once we find a solution we can post it on the forum. I'll be looking for your support email.

4. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

OK thanks I shall contact you.

The cause is as I thought but I am still unsure as to why it happens. I suspect it's because of some relative rather than absolute file reference in iSyncr because iSyncr shouldn't be going near the links that FolderMount has set up.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews