1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

It gets pretty annoying...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by surlypoker, Sep 20, 2011.

1. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    I try to make a simple comment and the thread is locked...

Someone just tried the way old troll of 'whyd u delete my comment/ thread' tactic... I try to tell the mods to not feed the troll... Nope threads locked... But still there... This has been happening a lot lately the more i explore the site... For people new like me it is not fun to not be able to post in threads that i just took the time to read...

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

I understand your frustration about that. Which forum thread are you referring to, surlypoker?

Locked threads are most often those which have "run their course," so to speak, meaning they've strayed far from the OP's intent, and/or have morphed into a sort of "bickering ground." ;)

Often, Moderators will show up with a post in such threads as a "PSA," Public Service Announcement, in an attempt to steer things back to the subject at hand. That does not always work. Also, sometimes it is realized beforehand that a PSA is not necessary because the thread really has "no hope," so to speak, so it is just locked and the reasoning for locking it is stated by the Mod.

It can get frustrating for those members in the threads who are just wanting to discuss the device issues, etc, when it becomes locked because of others. :( Sorry when that happens.. we do our best, but sometimes it is very difficult to be exactly right about these things every time.

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    I can assure you that we're all experienced enough to know not to do that, or indeed to identify what is or isn't "trolling". The best way to tell us anything is to use the "Report this post..." button and bring it to our attention that way.