1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

It happened again. Re: sd card deleted all my images & video.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OrKo, Dec 7, 2013.

1. OrKo

OrKo Android Expert

Ok so this is a brand new 32 gig SanDisk and once again my device deleted every image and video off it. It reset all my sound files back to stock, emptied all my playlist and worst of all deleted all my pics and my videos. I'm getting super frustrated with this crap. Anyone got a clue on why this may be happening, any way to recover them??

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    OrKo.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

Aside from the usual try to recover on PC deal, I got nothing for ya lol.

One thing I noticed over the years is that many devices have issues with sd cards that are above class 6. It seems like the high performance SDs like class 10 have higher failure rates or issues with devices. Not saying this is the case for everyone!

I have always stuck with class 6 8gb SDs and never had an issue on any device. However 8gb would be very inadequate for many users.

At this point I see you've had issues a couple times with this, so maybe try class 6. Only real difference is that it'll take a couple more seconds to load when you boot up.

Anyways, thought I'd point that out. Sorry I can't help.

3. sahi2myfriend

sahi2myfriend Well-Known Member

Have you messed with any of the(LG SERVICE MENU or METRO PCS PROGRAMMING MENU)settings.

Edit..if not it could be something you deleted when you were debloating your phone.I had some issues also with sd.So checked why. I noted apps that I deleted and stuff,then reflashed ROM deleted bloatware but left a few apps I deleted before.Since then I haven't had any issues.(Don't remember exactly what,but I think DMR app or DM was a couple months ago notes trashed..sorry..

4. OrKo

OrKo Android Expert

No, I just woke up to it like that.

GT I kinda figured there was no way to recover it, I was hoping though you guys had a trick or two. Do you think this would still happen if I wasn't rooted and running a custom rom? My girl seems to think that could be the case. I'm just bent because I went to my daughter's honor roll ceremony yesterday and lost all the pics & vids I had taken of it and since I was the one who went my girl doesn't have any copies either and she's a lil upset too.

5. GameTheory

Dang, sorry to hear that dude. Losing precious memories sucks.

I can say without a doubt that it's not a rom issue, otherwise most users on any device with a custom rom would experience this.

If you haven't debloated past what the roms here are debloated, then it has to be an SD card issue or could simply be a faulty phone which happens.

The only trick I know works only if the PC can still see the files on the SD, but not if they're permanently deleted.

6. jlede

jlede Android Expert

Nothing is permanently deleted [only flagged as hey you need memory space here overwrite this file the user marked it as trash] so I bet there is a way to recover as long as you didnt add more files to the "blank SD" but I have no knowledge for that task

7. GameTheory

I know lol. Data recovery has been around for a long time.

Just have to google something like "recover deleted files from sd card" and take your pick for program to use. Unlike HDDs the way data is written and the space on SDs is so limited that it usually doesn't work. Worth a try though.

8. OrKo

OrKo Android Expert

I haven't done anything to the card yet, I also haven't gotten around to plugging it in the laptop yet either. Got my daughter's birthday party tomorrow so we've been pretty busy most the night after I got home from work. I'll give all these options a try after the party, hopefully I can recover something. Thanks for the tips though guys, it's much appreciated.

9. sahi2myfriend

sahi2myfriend Well-Known Member

(I.O.L.O SYSTEM MECHANICS)Has a good data media pics deleted(Recovery option)even if all has been wiped.I recovered songs ,pics and all sort of files etc....Reality it worked and I thought It wouldn't...

10. exile1975

exile1975 Well-Known Member

I'd also suggest using something like g+ or dropbox to auto backup photos. It might help if it happens again at least

11. OrKo

OrKo Android Expert

What's the name of this tool sir?

12. GameTheory

LG Spirit 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews