• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root it is incredibly slow now. overclockwidget is not helping

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
the tablet is nicer after having rooted and put the Google Experience and a few nice games on it, but now it seems to lag a ton for what should be a 800MHz device. my BlackBerry Curve beats it on speed with a paltry 300MHz CPU. i have overclockwidget but it won't allow me to really overclock, and won't even let me access the true potential of the CPU (the CPU should go to 800MHz but it won't let me set it beyond 600 which probably causes my issue) is there a true overclock app that really allows me to overclock it? i am tired of apps that claim to be root-only overclocking but all they do is just set the speed and well below the max at that. i want to be able to take the chance at bricking the device by setting it to max or above max if possible, it's not like i can't just got to K-Mart and replace it as cheap as it is if i do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones