• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It makes me so angry that..

It is a software limitation because back in March/April, someone revealed the max video resolution in the phone profile is 720p. My take? EVO gets exclusivity of HD recording for a short while and it comes to the Incredible in a software update. After all, it's the same camera in both phones. I'm not that concerned here.
Ditto. Just because both phones have 2.1 and Sense doesn't mean they're the exact same phones in terms of software.

Upvote 0
Could be just me but...

ITS A PHONE! Yes, it can surf the web, yes you can take a picture, play music and record video. If your the type who frequently uses your phone to take pictures and record video then you are already used to terrible quality.

I'm not angry, I love my phone and I'm actually not a huge fan of the EVO.

See, its because I have these tiny hands...

bk_tinyhands.jpg

Upvote 0
Its unfortunate and I knew this would happen... legions of people getting defensive/upset when the iPhone gets released. I'm completely happy with my purchase, I made an educated one where I already knew what was on the horizon and narrowed my options down based on what I thought would be the best for me with my money. You should have saw this coming that phones with 720p recording was coming out after Incredible (heck, ones existed even before the Incred). If that woulda been a key factor in your purchase in NOT making you SO STEAMING, maybe you should have held off and made a purchase that would have left you a happier customer.

In the end of it all, I admit I was a little disappointed when the final specs of the Incredible noted that 720p video WAS not in the package (originally it was speculated), but I was ok with that and upon reading up more... you really need ideal situations to really take advantage of 720p recording on a phone. Definitely would take up all your memory.

Upvote 0
Who said for sure that the 720p wasn't a software limitation? You have to remember the EVO also came out with an updated version of youtube, etc. So whats to say this isn't a software limitation? (unless I'm missing something)

There was a thread with a link to download the software to get the updated YouTube app on the Incredible. Somone pulled it from the Evo and it worked on our Incredible.

I have the new app on my phone. I remember them saying they tried to get the 720P recording and it wouldnt work. I forgot the reason.

But that thread was locked due to legal reasons.

Upvote 0
This was last post in thread that was reasoning for lock:

Hey folks, i hate to be the one doing this but it's in our overall best interest for this to be handled in a standard manner across the board.

While this apk may be free, we are not authorized or licensed to distribute it (think of the c&d order to cyanogen). I want to thank you all for your continued efforts and contributions and please understand this is being done for the greater good of the community to ensure AF can continue to operate in a legal manner and support the great community we have here.

We are looking into the legal and moral implication of hosting this type of material/content and our stance may change on that in the future pending further discussion and legal review.

A quote from our fearless leader (Rob), "If we can determine that yes, this is both legal and morally acceptable, than we're happy to accommodate this type of content. But, until we can say for sure it is one way or the other, we need to continue to play it safe."

Stay tuned for news/updates on our stance on this, and other similar, matters. We are committed to providing THE BEST Android community and collaboration environment and the decision to close this thread and delete the attachement is in the spirit of that committment.

Cheers! (and thanks for understanding) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones