1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

It sure is quiet in here....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcash3, Feb 2, 2011.

1. jcash3

jcash3 Android Enthusiast

Man, no post for almost 3 days... I wonder why the Xoom forum is dying. Maybe the Honeycomb press conference in 30 min will bring it back to life...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Android Enthusiast

There isn't much to talk about lol... No price, contract info, release date. The google conference was great but I don't think it showed too much of HC that we didn't already know about.

The new web based marketing is nice, if I could log in......

3. Germwise

Germwise Android Enthusiast

Old Member likes this.
  4. Proph

Proph Android Enthusiast

yea the conference was pretty cool. and seeing everything they had running on the xoom was great, looks like that feb 17th date is getting more real by the day.

5. jcash3

jcash3 Android Enthusiast

Yeah, it could end up being Feb 17th. HC looked very fast at the conference. I'm glad to see that, more so than the few added features

6. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Android Enthusiast

Wow...after watching Engadget's coverage of Google's event today, all I have to say is wow. Honeycomb is beautiful, the new market is beautiful. This brought my excitement for this device and this flavor of Android right back out.

7. metalimi

metalimi Newbie

Anyone else find it slightly humorous that the lead engineer for honeycomb was showing off the new android market using a MacBook? :rolleyes:

8. knappkd

knappkd Well-Known Member

I sure would like some news. Or better yet, let me pre-order this thing, and the Atrix. Come on Motorola help us out!!!

9. fltblkvic

fltblkvic Well-Known Member

I saw that too, I don't know if it was done on purpose or not but then again, Google is a software company, I don't think it makes that much of a difference what hardware they use. Or who knows, it could have been a big FU to apple.

10. drhill

drhill Android Expert

A while (few months or a year) back Google made their policy that employees could only use Macs or linux machines. If they wanted windows they would have to get special permission.

I'd bet Macs are a bit easier to work with for presentations.

11. metalimi

metalimi Newbie

I didn't know that! I guess it sort of makes sense. It's just that the largest competitor to android 3.0 and target tablets will be the iOS on those shiny new iPad2s. I would've figured they would have tried harder to not display Apples logo at their (Google's) new OS coming out party :)

12. knappkd

knappkd Well-Known Member

That's what is great about Google. They aren't afraid of using the best hardware; no matter who built it. Nor are they afraid of anyone. Pretty cocky if you ask me, and i like it. :D

13. drhill

drhill Android Expert

No he said macs. That would be older hardware at 3 times the price. ;)

Macs and Macbooks aren't a competitor. The iPhone and iPad is.