• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help it was bound to happen: low memory warning!

this is why you do not need a task killer. the OS knows how much memory it needs to run the apps you already have. this is a perfect example.

now you may be able to "fool" the OS by force closing some apps that are sitting in RAM. this will increase your "bucket" of memory which may let you install an app, but remember if you do these types of things you will only cause issues down the road.. lagg, error messages, etc.(because you are fooling the OS in thinking you have given it additional memory which in fact you did.. you only force closed).

best to either uninstall an app or two you dont really use.. im sure you have one or two that gets used RARELY if at all.. ROOT and then you can move apps to SD.. or wait for 2.2....

Upvote 0
That's the only option right now until Froyo 2.2 comes out. I would hope that HTC and Sprint see that this will become a problem that they would work on sooner than later so that we can run apps from our SD cards.

It just sucks right now because you have to micro-manage apps.
I agree, but are you really using all of those apps on a regular basis? When apps to SD comes out, im still not filling up my SD card with apps I will never use. But im with you. HTC really dropped the Ball on the internal memory for the Evo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones