1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

It was bound to happen, sooner or later... (damaged your 360?)

Discussion in 'Moto 360' started by Outatime, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

EVERY time I've worked around my house I took it off. It just slipped my mind. Yesterday I was doing a quick repair on my house trying to loosen a bolt. The wrench slipped off the bolt and my wrist went watch-first into a brick. Even a screen protector wouldn't have prevented this... I *slammed* it into the brick. Honestly it could be much worse, and you really have to look for it in just the right light to see it. Still sucks...

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. frodub

frodub Well-Known Member

It's a shame, but I had the same thing, just not as bad. I noticed 2-3 small scratches on my face that could only be seen at certain angles... I went to best buy that night and got a screen protector.

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Ouch and damn. Luckily it's just a scratch and not a full-on shatter though :(

4. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

Yeah it could have shattered as hard as I hit it! You really do have to hold it just right to see it and when it's on you can't see it at all.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert

Ouch. Sorry, man. Seeing that makes me cringe.

I know big picture in life this is small potatoes, but putting that aside, I feel for you.

In the bright side, the 360 is tougher than I thought if it inky took that damage from such a nasty knock.

6. TheAmazingDave

TheAmazingDave Android Expert

Do you think the marks could be polished out of the glass?

I had a big ol' Casio G-Shock before this, one of the higher-end models that would charge in the sun and set itself. That thing would get knocked around on everything due to its size. As a result, I'd grown a bit accustomed to not worrying about it and getting a bit sloppy with arm movements. I've already knocked my 360 into a couple of door frames as a result. No marks yet, thankfully.

Does anyone offer tempered glass protectors for the Moto 360?

edit: Ask Google, and ye shall receive. http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Spigen®-Durable-GLAS-tR-Resistant/dp/B00N2WDC3K

Outatime likes this.
  7. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

That sucks. I'm sorry to see that my friend.

Outatime likes this.
  8. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

In case you want to attempt getting the scratches off:

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Scratches-from-Glass

I've done the Amonia solution on glass headlights before and worked perfectly, but not sure 'bout the 360.

In case you want to attempt getting the scratches off:

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Scratches-from-Glass

I've done the Amonia solution on glass headlights before and worked perfectly, but not sure 'bout the 360.

#8 drexappeal, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
    Outatime likes this.
  9. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't think I'm quite brave enough to try them though. The scratches aren't that bad and I don't want to risk making them worse.