• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root it was nice knowin ya

scotty85

Extreme Android User
Jul 25, 2010
just wondering,how many of ya that are running das_bamf 1.4 are still running sense?

i see theres a .zip to remove the sense UI. im currently running 1.4 remix with adw lanucher,and im wondering what little things are different if i flash it?

if youve flashed "ItWasNiceKnowinYaSense" overtop,please give me some feedback on running it with and without,and what launcher youre using(GB AOSP that comes in the .zip or somethin else)

Simply, nandroid and try it. Incredibly fast, great on battery almost CM7 like. Adw EX.

im definately gonna try it either way,i aint skeert to flash it and see that i think :D :p

just curious what folks thot.i know i like the idea of sense being gone,but in reality since the sense dialer,contacts,etc. are still there will it really be any different than just simply running a different launcher?

almost cm7like is a pretty tall claim,lol.

ive got it downloaded,but its been a long day. maybe flash it first thing in the mornin.

worm,let me know what you think since youve been runnin it with sense for a few days

Upvote 0
im definately gonna try it either way,i aint skeert to flash it and see that i think :D :p

just curious what folks thot.i know i like the idea of sense being gone,but in reality since the sense dialer,contacts,etc. are still there will it really be any different than just simply running a different launcher?

almost cm7like is a pretty tall claim,lol.

ive got it downloaded,but its been a long day. maybe flash it first thing in the mornin.

worm,let me know what you think since youve been runnin it with sense for a few days

Ţ

Upvote 0
Well cm7 like in that it is really fast and not cluttered with sense stuff. But I run adw ex exclusively so I never really see much of sense anyway other than the first screen or two. The real diff is that sense is still there but stripped down. So you can add back any apps or widgets from sense you want. With cm7 / aosp you don't have that option other than to flash gapps for the necessities.

Nonetheless, slayher cracked RIL last night and has CM7 running on his TB with 4G working.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
I've been running it for 3 days now and love it. I don't dislike sense as much as motoblur but I don't see the point in having sense seeing how I use ADW EX launcher which I love. I tried running the 1.92 lean kernel but kept getting random reboots so don't use that kernel (its a shame cause that kernel is beastly). All and all I like it but it really isn't that much different than the sense version IMHO.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
welp,i flashed it this morning. as i suspected i cant tell a differenece,but it does give me warm fuzzies to know that its not lurking beneath the surface,lol. i agree with ya if im not gonna use the sense launcher and ui,it may as well not be there.

just curious why you guys prefer ADW? i like it because i can set my app drawer background to a transparency instead of solid black,but if launcherpro had that feature it would honestly be 6 of one,half dozen of the other for me. well,actually it might put launcher pro over the edge,as i like the "cube" transition effect between homescreens :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones