• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help It worked on C771... Green Power Battery Saver

piludo36

Jun 20, 2013
Earth
On my old Commando C771 this app reduced my charge needs by 100%, no negative impact on performance.
I think the effective features were an ability to schedule syncing i.e. 1 min, 5 min, 20, 30, 60, and the ability to throttle down from 4g to 3g when not needed (on phone). Also, managing Wi-fi connection. All these features were separate. And could be separately disabled or modified. No ads (used pro version, but even the free version worked great, few ads), no stupid features like task killers, cache cleaner, etc.
Since moving up to the C881 last April my need to charge was much higher, even though I did a clean factory boot, disabled all the crap (including Facebook) and only used the same apps as previously I had previously, including GBPS.
I was going to buy a new battery, then I read about all battery savers sucking, not just "task killing" crap, i.e. "let android be android". The more you read the more conflicting info you read. I even read one article suggesting gmail's no-choice "push" has a minimal effect on battery usage. The more I read the more conflicting info I got.
I figured, lets uninstall the GB and see what happens. Surprisingly, battery charges lasted longer. Not as long with GP on the old phone, but longer. WTF?
Anybody use this app with success on either phone?
Maybe GP works better with android 2.3.3 than 4.2.1?
I recently contacted the developer, waiting to hear back, but as we know most people aren't familiar or cater to either phone.
Neither phone was ever rooted. I know, "root the phone" yadda yadda. Still fearful of bricking, even with the C881 and read several articles that suggest rooting can create security issues.
Liking the 4G LTE big time. Bigger screen, the ability to disable... lot's of memory. I haven't had the performance issues I've read about on this site. And I'm on Strait Talk, just like the old phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones