1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Items that have me stumped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Redbird1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Chicagoland
    Hey all,

Just wanted to ask for your input on two items. Maybe somebody can shed some light:

1. Bluetooth: I have a Kenwood car radio that I hook-up to. I ran the initial pairing and connection, it worked just fine. But now, every time i start the car, have to go into the SF's bluetooth settings menu, long press on the device name, choose "options", and check the "Phone - Use for phone audio" checkbox. Is there a way I can get the phone and radio to connect automatically without going through this extra step each time?

2. Text messages: Is there a way to prevent the phone from vibrating when a text comes in? I get the notification tone and a short vibration. I've scoured the settings menu, but nothing seems to work.

I'd appreciate any input.

Advertisement

2. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    QA Analyst
    San Antonio, TX
    Can't help you with part 1 as I don't own or never own a bluetooth, but i can sure help you with question 2, in order for you to disable the phone from vibrating when getting a text message open your text message app, click on the settings button (first soft key, left of home soft key)>Settings, scroll all the way down and uncheck Vibrate.

Hope that works for you.

3. Redbird1

Nov 2, 2009
    Chicagoland
    Didn't even think to look there! Thanks!

4. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I've seen that if I don't have my bluetooth ON before getting in my car, it takes a good while for it to connect with my car's system, sometimes having to manually click the bluetooth item from the settings menu. I guess it just takes a while for the phone's BT to get fully up and running.

5. Redbird1

Nov 2, 2009
    Chicagoland
    Yeah it's strange. My SF's bluetooth is always on, but it never connects to the radio. I was in the car for 30 minutes this morning, and no dice. I had to manually connect.

Frustrating.