• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's early September!!! Where is the Froyo OTA???

Why shouldn't they remove Google apps as long as they can be downloaded from the market again?

All they did was remove the preinstalled Nav and installed their own. If you don't like it, just install your own.

Because its a blatant attempt to trick someone into paying for theirs when a free one is available. So how many people do you think won't know their is a free navigator waiting in the app store? One that normally comes with the OS?

Maybe it's just me but I'm not into big companies trying to nickle and dime me through trickery. Call me nuts.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Dont have much to say, as Ive been there already with the Eris, Droid 1, and now the X - so w/e, itll be here. But, I can share a photo with you :) not sure how it happened, but we were screwing with a ipod over the summer, and this pic is the result, lol

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0
Dont have much to say, as Ive been there already with the Eris, Droid 1, and now the X - so w/e, itll be here. But, I can share a photo with you :) not sure how it happened, but we were screwing with a ipod over the summer, and this pic is the result, lol
what does that even have to do with anything on this website let alone this thread :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
its kinda funny how people gripe about some apps that you can't remove without root and then others that do come on the phone get taken off...

You guys/ girls can't expect a company to predict what apps everyone wants/ doesn't want on your phone. So just do like bianry visions said and do it yourself...

I think the point is they are replacing free apps from Google with their paid apps and in some cases restricting your choices. And making app non uninstallable is also BS. Try removing VZW bloat without voiding your warranty (rooting). Isn't that City ID nag nice? If you don't have root you'll either have to buy it or answer that nag for 2 years. NIICEEEE

Reactions: paul89 and Roxors
Upvote 0
its kinda funny how people gripe about some apps that you can't remove without root and then others that do come on the phone get taken off...

You guys/ girls can't expect a company to predict what apps everyone wants/ doesn't want on your phone. So just do like bianry visions said and do it yourself...

i agree with you but the problem is that WE CANT REMOVE THEM without rooting and potentially voiding the warranty. now that said its easy to root and remove the bloat and then unroot for any warranty return

Upvote 0
totally odd, just finished setting up my bosses Droid 2 and he was already running 2.2 and decided to check for updates and it found an update 2.2.20.en.us, it felt like a partial update though becuase it only took about 30 sec to install.

will be checking right away when i get within range of a wifi signal,

so did you check and see if you could do flash or anything like that?

Upvote 0
I think the point is they are replacing free apps from Google with their paid apps and in some cases restricting your choices. And making app non uninstallable is also BS. Try removing VZW bloat without voiding your warranty (rooting). Isn't that City ID nag nice? If you don't have root you'll either have to buy it or answer that nag for 2 years. NIICEEEE

i havent seen the reminder since i clicked on "no" last week after the free trial expired.

granted i did like the city id thing. i dont plan on buying it.

Upvote 0
I would imagine the update may start rolling out next week *Crosses fingers*

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

They finally got done with the Droid 1 update.

DROID by Motorola (USA)Upgrade to Android 2.2 is complete**
Still showing:
DROID X by Motorola (USA)Upgrade to Android 2.2 planned for late summer.

Reactions: HookEmHorns*UT*
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones