• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's early September!!! Where is the Froyo OTA???

I only things I notice different on 2.2 for the DX (so far) is better volume and Flash 10.1. There do still seem to be some problems with settings sticking related to Exchange like contact widget icons losing settings but it works really smoothly. I'm loving Adobe Flash. Likely Moto is busy plugging root exploit bugs that have been discovered in the leak and D2 Froyo. The game continues but I'm happy if I don't get any more updates. Moto promised there'd be no upgrade path from the leak. I'd be happy if they kept that promise.

Otherwise, 2.2 is quite unchanged from what you are all running.

Upvote 0
You can get Froyo if you hit the update exactly at 2.30 AM local time. One lucky person per city gets the update everyday. Try it tonight. If you don't get it try tomorrow. Remember 2.30 AM local time.

Can anyone verify this info? Was this a released statement from Verizon? Thanx..

Who needs the ota when half of us have Froyo already.

Upvote 0
Sorry to cut you short.

The OTA version isn't out yet. You are using the leaked unofficial version. Unless you are maybe press, and haven't stated that? Hmmmm! :D:D

Well you can bet there won't be any major differences between the 2.2 leak and the final. Oh look the final was leaked last night and it doesn't have any "major" changes.

Jit is big
Flash is big
I love Chrome2Phone or Fox2phone
and a few other biggies but mostly 2.2 is just a lot of tweaks IMO. (which probably cause some new bugs)

Now let all move on and start looking for some GingerBread:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones