• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My only downfall is how long it takes to charge. But other then that i love it! So glad i got it over the 8.2 Xyboard

I'm thinking of getting either the 8.2 Xyboard or the 7.7 Samsung. Why do you prefer the Samsung tab over Xyboard? Trying to make an informed decision instead of continuing to just be blindly loyal to Motorola. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm thinking of getting either the 8.2 Xyboard or the 7.7 Samsung. Why do you prefer the Samsung tab over Xyboard? Trying to make an informed decision instead of continuing to just be blindly loyal to Motorola. Thanks!
The size works better for me and the display on the Samsung is WAY better. I say go to the VZW store and hold both in your hand and see what one feels better to you. I love the SAMOLED display so much more clear. Make sure when you view the Samsung you turn off auto brightness to get full effect :)

Reactions: collett
Upvote 0
The size works better for me and the display on the Samsung is WAY better. I say go to the VZW store and hold both in your hand and see what one feels better to you. I love the SAMOLED display so much more clear. Make sure when you view the Samsung you turn off auto brightness to get full effect :)

I will say this the .5" is not a big difference, yes it is nice to have the 8.2 but the screen quality on the 7.7 IS GORGEOUS! I put "The Sitter" on it last night and watched it and wow is it good with a 720p video. plays it with no problem also. Cant say that much towards what Motorola might do.

Plus when more developers get the 7.7 it doesnt have the locked down bootloader like all of Motorola products do.

Also, we get a MircoSD slot, while the 8.2 does not. So I got the 16GB with a 32GB SD Card in it.

Upvote 0
I apologize for my ignorance, but does the Tab 7.7 have the capability out of the box to do text messages and phone calls?

~ ArmyX

Sadly no, I wish, I truly wish is was.

I would drop my Gnex for my 7.7 Tab in a heart beat!

Sadly I have been without my Tab for almost a month it feels like (2-3 weeks now) Because the LCD went out on it, so Samsung has it repairing it :(

Upvote 0
I was also looking at the xyboard but waited for the 7.7. The Samsung 7.7 has a much better battery life. I surf all day on LTE network and charge overnight. Only when I use it as a hotspot or a gps do I worry about the battery getting too low. When I don't use a lot of web, I get a couple days between charges. Way better than a laptop!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones