• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Its here finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just looked at my LG mobile support tool and it is telling me that there is an update ready for my phone. unfortunatly I have to wait because I am going to work now so 6 hours later I will post back. I dont know if this is gingerbread or just a fix but who cares its something at least. I am so happy I dont think I am going to make it through work I almost want to call in sick but that would be silly now. I wish I had it like that. I can say it is only avaliable through LG now. If you go to the post in this fourm about how to connect to the computer I give step by step instructions on how to install the mobile update tool from lg. Once you have that it is smooth sailing from there. Please post back after updating and let everone know what to expect I will do the same.

Charlie

Hmm, I just tried updating my phone through the program, but it keeps saying I have the latest version already O-o :(

DON'T WOrry. Same thing happend with me too. What I did was, I downloaded the software. Saved the set up file on the desktop. NOT SHUT DOWN THE P.C. Shut off the phone as well.

RESTART THE PC----RESTART THE PHONE.. CONNECT THE USB.. TURN ON THE SOFTWARE, IT WILL RECOGNIZE THEN THAT YOUR PHONE NEEDS AN UPDATE.

TRY THIS OUT.

Reactions: Redoxase
Upvote 0
Well it is on and I gotta say it gave me a scare because everything was fine I have had that mobile nupdate tool since I installed the drivers whicj I did when Igot the phone 4 month ago. It said there was new software for my phone and to start the update but like a knucklehead I had to go and do a factory reset first then all of a sudden it would not recognize that my phone was connected. So0 I wound up reinstalling the mobile software update tool then reseting the computer and phone and reinstalling the drivers which I have on my phone and extenal sd card so I can easily install on a friends or work computer. Finally it recognized my phone and we were on our way.

So I like this new build I havent really noticed the increase in battery life but my phone has always had good battery life. As a matter of fact it did not have any of the problems that the others have had and I'm not saying they are lying or exagerating I just havent had them. Anyway I dont mind the camera app not being fancy the only think I dont like is that this phonw is capable of 1080p but the stock vanilla android app is only 720p that will eat at me until it is fixed. But I dont really use the camera that much anyway. I really like how when you type and want to edit a word it puts arrows under the curser so it is easy to move around the words. I have noticed a bit more speed I never had a problem with the gps but if you have then I wold hope that this fixes it. I will post as I notice anything else

Charlie

Upvote 0
My battery life kicks ass now! 1 charge a day compared to 2 or more. My GPS and Bluetooth work immediately after I turn them on finally. Its way faster. And it looks a little cooler. Lamer camera like everyone is saying. But I'm sure they'll give us back the old one when the ota is released . Def worth the dl. Its not that hard to figure out

Upvote 0
Lamer camera like everyone is saying. But I'm sure they'll give us back the old one when the ota is released

As I guess everyone knows now, the OTA update is out and turned out to be identical to this version, including the "lamer camera." Just one correction: the video with the new camera actually is 1080p. Some comments over on the LG forum indicate that they intend to keep this version of the camera, but I don't know if that is an official position or not.

Upvote 0
i didn't want to start a new thread as it may apply to this one so i'll give it a shot.

so today i was in the android market just browsing around and then i started playing a game for a couple hours. after the time i played i went back to the market and my market looked completely different. it looks like the market is supposed to after the gingerbread update. i went to the settings and looked at the android version number and it still says 2.2.2

anyone know why this happened?

i'm not complaining, btw. i love the new market look. but am i getting the gingerbread update soon? lol

EDIT: nvm, i guess the official OTA is out. :)

Upvote 0
i didn't want to start a new thread as it may apply to this one so i'll give it a shot.

so today i was in the android market just browsing around and then i started playing a game for a couple hours. after the time i played i went back to the market and my market looked completely different. it looks like the market is supposed to after the gingerbread update. i went to the settings and looked at the android version number and it still says 2.2.2

anyone know why this happened?

i'm not complaining, btw. i love the new market look. but am i getting the gingerbread update soon? lol

EDIT: nvm, i guess the official OTA is out. :)

New Android Market 3.0.27 Rolling Out Now, Download it Here! | Android Community

Yea, it's another market update. I don't see many changes from last week's version. But updates are always welcome. ;)

And in other news, I'm still waiting for my OTA and/or the Update Tool to work. lol. Lucky me.

Upvote 0
New Android Market 3.0.27 Rolling Out Now, Download it Here! | Android Community

Yea, it's another market update. I don't see many changes from last week's version. But updates are always welcome. ;)

And in other news, I'm still waiting for my OTA and/or the Update Tool to work. lol. Lucky me.

I had the stock market look. so it's completely different for me. lol

and i am also still waiting for the OTA.
i tried going to the settings, about phone, software update, check for software update because i read somewhere that people did that and they were able to upgrade but so far no luck.

hoorah for the waiting game. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones