1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

It's here!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bjacks12, Nov 14, 2014.

1. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

D-U-R-X, kate and codesplice like this.
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

:D

Gutted my N4 died... just flashed it on the N7 though :)

3. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I have to pick up my parents from the airport tonight, so I can't be dicking around with my phone yet.

Gives me time to get my drivers straightened out on my laptop. Making me dislike 8.1

4. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Unlocked N4, flashed 5.0, relocked and now using Tap & Go to copy everything over from my N7. Very nice!

5. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Just finished getting everything set back up after a clean flash. Loving it so far!

6. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Hearing a few people say that OTA has started

7. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Just flashed it. Now I'm sitting with baited breath during that super long initial boot screen that always follows a flash....waiting to see if my computer's drivers FUBARed my phone, lol.

EDIT: It worked.

8. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member

Lol welcome to the club. I got windows 8 when it first came out and kept telling myself its OK Microsoft knows best...then I starter feeling like a iDiot. Going back to 7 when I get some time, still the best OS of all time IMO.

btw anyone know when we can update OTA? i still dont have an option to do it when i check for updates.

i think i messed up my ota function when i went to root my phone :( hopefully i can find a guide to get a 100% stock n4 on 5.0 with no root or custom recovery and things work for me again.

9. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Google Engineer Dan Morrill Sheds Some Light On The Nexus OTA Process, Urges You To Never Clear Google Service Framework Data

10. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member

11. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I flashed the image. I think you misread Morrill's comments. You can't use the Google services framework to force the update, even by doing a factory reset. If you're not picked for the first batch, you have to wait for the second batch for another chance. It might take a couple weeks if you wait for the OTA.

that's why I flash

12. codesplice

13. pavix

pavix Lurker

I have a "slight" problem. got OTA update earlier today on Nexus 4 and it's been installing this update for the last 4 hrs. Any ideas what to do here? Appreciate the help.

14. codesplice

Ouch! I don't think that should happen.

What do you currently see on the screen?

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews