• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's hotter than the hubs of hell......

BigCiX

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
California
here in California. The day before yesterday was 108, yesterday 106, today a little cooler topping off at 100. Trying not to turn on the a/c until 12 noon or at least til the pool pump turns off cause i don't want another $600 electric bill. I wish i was in Santa Monia where it's a nice refreshing 65 degrees.

This month was quite mild, only a few days that had any real heat.
MonthLocalTemps.jpg

Upvote 0
Sounds a lot like how much of July was here in NYC. It's cool now, but we're supposed to go back into the 90's starting tomorrow.

BTW, isn't that area in the vicinity of LA essentially a desert or close to it?

Bakersfield is in the central valley. About 1 1/2 hr north of Los angeles. We are pretty much in a valley covered by heat.

Upvote 0
I am visiting my parents in Bismarck, ND and it was 35 ****ing degrees and doing a raining/snowing thing last night (7 ish). It's 40 degrees right now. It was in the 60s when I left Fargo (200 miles east). I kind of wish I brought more than sandals...

Whoah, really? The best feeling in the world is flying home to Chicago from Atlanta for Thanksgiving break. Leaving Atlanta in November, it's still about a high of 70 at some point. Landing in Chicago, usually a good bit of snow from the night before. I can't wait.

Upvote 0
Whoah, really? The best feeling in the world is flying home to Chicago from Atlanta for Thanksgiving break. Leaving Atlanta in November, it's still about a high of 70 at some point. Landing in Chicago, usually a good bit of snow from the night before. I can't wait.

Yup. It sucked. Way colder than it usually is for this time of year, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones