1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

It's not nice to make fun of a person's disability!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brandaids, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Brandaids

Brandaids Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    I've always had an iPhone, so having an Android is all pretty new to me. And, despite my lack of computer savvy, I have decided I want to root and upgrade my phone, which seemed like it'd be easy enough considering I was able to do it with all of the Apple products I've owned. But after looking into it a bit, I was forced to recall all of the grueling hours I had to spend online before I could even BEGIN to understand what the hell I was doing! So this time, I figured I might as well get a little help and that's why I'm here! I have to warn you though...at times, my lack of knowledge re. computers & technological terms may shock you, as I'm admittedly ******ed in that respect...or desmarted, if you prefer to sound polite(ish)

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, Brandaids. :)

I understand how you feel, and every single one of our thousands of members can understand too, because we've all been there (whether we admit if or not ;)).

And those of us with a bit of knowledge are always learning, no "disability" about wanting to understand new things.

Welcome to your new family of friends in the world of Android. :)

D-U-R-X likes this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello and welocome to the community. It's nice to have you aboard. Enjoy the forum. ;)

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    As Frisco said, we've all been there (whether or not people admit it).

I know it can be a little confusing to start with and my advice would be to read, read and read again before you do root... need to know what to do, in which order to do it.

I see you have already posted in the sub-forum for your phone - this is the best place to get help and advice on anything relating to your phone.

My final piece of advice would be that, should you get stuck at all whilst rooting, don't just plough on... stop and post in your device sub-forum... better to do that, than end up making things worse!

Thanks for joining and I hope you find this place useful!!