• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's not the network, it's the phone...

WonderDude

Aug 4, 2011
Remember Verizon's old slogan, "It's not the phone, it's the network"? Well with boost (or rather Sprint), I have found between the two phones I've experienced, that the reverse is true. I had a Prevail that dropped calls in several spots on the way to work. But with my new XPRT, I can talk the whole way.

...Still not as good a Verizon's network, but a heck of allot cheaper! :D

Hi WonderDude,

Yes I agree with you because before I was with Sprint and I have the Motorola Renegade V950 and I had dropped calls what so ever until I went with Boost Mobile and I bought the prevail and it started to drop calls. I am looking forward to the Motorola Photon 4g that it will be "handed down to Boost from Sprint".

Mike

Upvote 0
Hi WonderDude,

Yes I agree with you because before I was with Sprint and I have the Motorola Renegade V950 and I had dropped calls what so ever until I went with Boost Mobile and I bought the prevail and it started to drop calls. I am looking forward to the Motorola Photon 4g that it will be "handed down to Boost from Sprint".

Mike
Actually, in that particular circumstance it might have more to do with the network. There are some benifits that come from having an actual Sprint account, one of them being that you can actually pick up roaming towers. Sprint doesn't allow roaming with Boost or Virgin. I think that's one of the reasons the cost is so low. But, I would bet that the Photon 4G would have better reception than the Prevail. Just don't expect it to compete with an actual Sprint account phone. ;)

Upvote 0
Actually, in that particular circumstance it might have more to do with the network. There are some benifits that come from having an actual Sprint account, one of them being that you can actually pick up roaming towers. Sprint doesn't allow roaming with Boost or Virgin. I think that's one of the reasons the cost is so low. But, I would bet that the Photon 4G would have better reception than the Prevail. Just don't expect it to compete with an actual Sprint account phone. ;)

Hi wonderdue,

OK got it thanks.

Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones