1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root It's official, I'm an idiot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GasserBGB1, Oct 17, 2010.

1. GasserBGB1

GasserBGB1 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Cloverdale, OH
    Ok so I'm even following the idiots guide to rooting your Droid X in 1 click and I still can't get it. Am I supposed to run both or just 1? I ran the first 1 and then it said something about a Ninja app or something. Can anyone help out a borderline fritada (me)?

Advertisement

2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

lol after a couple tries u should be able to get it ...it took me about 4 tries .....first off it may take a few minutes ..my x took 5 min and my gf took seconds lol.....when u are fullu rooted and u open up your app drawer u will see the ninja droid and it will say super user on the icon ....now to make sure u are rooted i would go to the market and download an app that requires root and see if it works ,..if it does u are rooted if it doesnt then try try again lol....just follow instructions and u will be ok:)

3. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

also make sure your phone is set to debug after u connect it to the usb and u run the root program as administrator

4. GasserBGB1

GasserBGB1 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Cloverdale, OH
    yeah after about the 4th time it finally took haha plus i was looking for Ninja Droid and not Super user

thanks guys helps a lot

5. Congratulations you idiot.

.... er, I mean broseph. ;)