• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's pretty bad when...

Really? That's the problem with in-store demo units, especially smartphones, do you realize how many people not only touch that thing a day (creeps me out just thinking about what the phone is covered in) but how many different apps/programs/etc are downloaded and ran since it first hits the stands?

Just like television displays in-store, there's no way to get a thorough feeling nor idea of a device until you purchase it yourself.

Upvote 0
Really? That's the problem with in-store demo units, especially smartphones, do you realize how many people not only touch that thing a day (creeps me out just thinking about what the phone is covered in) but how many different apps/programs/etc are downloaded and ran since it first hits the stands?

Just like television displays in-store, there's no way to get a thorough feeling nor idea of a device until you purchase it yourself.

True though, it is really gross to think about how many filthy hands have touched the phones.

Upvote 0
The rep I spoke with was nice enough to use a wipe to sanitize the phone before I used it.

I agree with the OP however. Motorola has admitted there was a small number of units with defective screens. I guess the store got one and now they don't have any stock to replace it. Certainly it doesn't give off warm and fuzzy feelings to people when they come in to shop for a phone!

Upvote 0
Do not feed troll.
What are you talking about?

Anyways, ya, whenever I go into a mobile store and touch some of the phones, I try to look for a hand sanitizing station. I'm not a clean freak but to just think what the phones are covered in after so many people touch them every day. Eeek.

I vote for hand sanitizing stations in mobile stores. Anyone with me!?

Upvote 0

everytime I got into the store to play with a phone, the first thing I do is uninstall everything, clear all cache, and reformat the memory card. that way I know I have a fresh phone! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones