1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General "It's the battery, stupid."

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Methos1979, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Methos1979

Methos1979 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2012
    Third rock from the Sun
    It's election day so I thought I'd riff on the famous line from the '92 Clinton campaign where James Carville came up with (among other things) the line, 'The economy, stupid' to help keep campaign workers focused on the issues.

I'm in my third week on this phone and so I'm past the point of return (literally) and it's a keeper. I love it. I came from an iPhone 4 and I really liked that phone but it seems that Android is finally where it needs to be. And phones like the Razr HD Maxx in my opinion are serious iPhone killers. Or at the very least serious alternatives.

I love the ability to configure my phone to my needs. I love 4G. I love the look, the feel and the construction of the HD. The size is perfect - no too big, not too small. Just right. The screen is great - love the Gorilla Glass. The back is great - love the look and feel of the Kevlar. The resolution and colors are great. The ease of use, connecting to a PC and transferring files is awesome (bite me, iTunes!). Heck, I even like the camera.

But all that pales in comparison to the one thing that just rules about this phone. It's the battery, stupid! I can't tell you how many times I find myself setting up little Smart Actions to turn things on and off that really have no purpose other than saving battery life when I remember, "Oh yeah. I've got a Razr HD Maxx - I don't have to turn things off!" I charge nightly anyway and I am a power user and I have yet to run this thing below 10%.

This is my first Android smartphone so please excuse me if I gush and I also really don't have anything to compare it to in experience-wise in the Android world, but I bought this phone for the battery. Sure, everything else too. I mean, it wouldn't be a great phone if the other things sucked but until the other makers come out with a phone that has a killer battery like the Maxx, then the Maxx in my opinion is in a class by itself!

Advertisement

2. msatow

msatow Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2012
    I agree, I had the iPhone 4S then the galaxy s3 and now the moto max HD. If the 4s had the screen size as the moto I would still be using it. The galaxie is nice but the moto is better than both. I really like it...it's a keeper !!!!