1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

It's time... Installation error?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by sfbloodbrother, Sep 21, 2014.

1. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

I think it's finally time to start learning something about Android development. I been a long user of Android, have a few ideas just roaming in my head, and it's time for a challenge to learn something on my own. It's quite a project.

I visited the Developers site for Android, found out what I need, and installed the Eclipse bundle. When I opened the file, it does some extraction; however it doesn't open at all, I get this message, and it closes.

See attached picture.

It may because I removed things from the AppData folder because it was taking up 20 GB (Good gosh).

Did I do something wrong, and what can I do to get it working?

EDIT:

I tried installing Android Studio, because they say it's going to be better in the long run because something for Ellipse is not being developed anymore. However I am still getting the same message.

Watched a video on how to install it, and I'm getting a new error with Android Studio. I've installed both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Java SE Development Kit, Installed Android One and defined JAVA_HOME variable in my Environment settings with the correct JDK.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_20

Still, getting the same error,

"No JVM installation found. Please install a 64-bit JDK. If you already have a JDK installed (which I do), define a JAVA_HOME variable in Computer > System Properties > System Settings > Environment Variables. (which I have done, for both of the files in that Java folder)

Wow, getting started, things won't even install on the computer. Why it got to be so complex?

Solved...

For some reason, I don't know if it's me, or the other people. I was told to go into the Java file from the Programed x86 files. However I just went into the Programed files, found a Java folder there, and set my Environment Variable there and now it works.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

It's something about Java JDK.

I installed Java on my computer, however I still get this message.

Tried it on another one of my computers, did the same steps, as instructed, installed both the 32 and 64 bit Java JDK. and set up the environment thingy to every folder within the Java folder, still getting the same message. Don't know what to do at this point. Putting this on halt until someone can guide me in the right direction.