1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ItsOn

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlocks, Nov 3, 2014.

1. dlocks

dlocks Member

This things has shown up on my Sprint phone since the latest up date and its killing my battery.
    Anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it.
    It is found under battery usage.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I'm at the latest 4.4.4 / Eye update from Sprint and can't find any sign of that.

Can you try GSam Battery Monitor and try to track down any more details on it from there?

Btw - Wakelock Detector is another good one - will take you from the offending app to its management point under Apps in one click.

3. Nevis

Nevis Well-Known Member

I had the exact same issue with a process called ids.itsonservice in the 4.4.4. Sprint OTA. I did a backup and a hard reset, and my battery life is now better than ever.

4. dlocks

dlocks Member

Did you use the HTC backup app?

5. dlocks

dlocks Member

Did a google search and turns out its something Sprint is installing in android phones.
    Seems like something people can use to manage usage on prepaid phones. Dont know why its on mine.

6. Nevis

Nevis Well-Known Member

Yes, I did and it worked quite well.

7. dlocks

dlocks Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try

8. dlocks

dlocks Member

Well, after ItsOn showing up on my phone for 2 days and killing my battery, it seems to have magically disappeared.
    I did nothing to my phone.
    Strange, thanks for the suggestions

9. smitty543

smitty543 Android Enthusiast

my battery level started going down faster than usual with NO new apps or change in how I use the phone. I used GSam Battery Monitor, and "id.itsonservice" is shown under 'System' and uses considerable battery.

Any suggestion(s) as how to help the situation?:thinking:

10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

If it shows up under Wakelock Detector, you can navigate from there to app management to uninstall it.

smitty543 likes this.
  11. smitty543

When I installed Wakelock Detector and opened it, I got the message that ROOT required. My M8 is not rooted. Anything else that I can do?:thinking::thinking:

12. smitty543

The past few day was traveling to an area where there was poor reception and my M8s battery went down >10%/hour. The GSam monitor showed that "id.itsonservice" was consuming approx 10% and the Android processes were also using considerable juice. Was this merely the phone trying to find service, or is there something more sinister going on?
    [Stock M8 with most recent updates; Sprint; NOT rooted]

#12 smitty543, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews