• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iTunes Alternative for Android

I know there are many threads about this. But none has answered what I have been looking for. I actually really like iTunes. I has grown on me. But I recently purchased an Android phone and it will replace my iPod. I did download DoubleTwist, and it is a good program and is pretty similar to iTunes. But the main thing I really really looking for is something similar to the check marks you can place in iTunes to let it know those are the tracks you want to sync. When I wanted to remove a track from my iPod, all I had to do was un-check it in iTunes and it would be removed on the next sync. This is all I really want. I never did get into playlists and really don't like the drag-and-drop way of transferring music.

Maybe I need to be schooled better in this. If what I am looking for is in DoubleTwist, some information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I was a big Itunes fan with my ipod (until the ipod broke) I worked my way through a lot of music players - I really wanted a desktop player so was using doubletwist despite it being really clunky in places.

I now use Winamp - as near as possible to Itunes - with wireless sync to boot and really like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones