• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help iTunes Music after Lollipop Update

erikibarra14

Lurker
Apr 23, 2015
Usually I transfer my music from iTunes to my phone by dragging the selected tracks from iTunes to a folder on the desktop, then dragging the tracks from the desktop to my phone that is connected to the PC via microUSB cable with the connection type selected as MTP on my phone. I never had any problems with it until this past February. Any tracks I've purchased on iTunes since February, once they have been transferred to my phone, only have track names. For example: 01 Faithfully. The artist, album, and album art are not there, but if I download a tag editor on my phone, it can see all the track info.
When I transfer the files from the dektop to my phone, it asks me if I want to convert the files before they are transferred. I always said no because it wasn't necessary. Now I say yes and once they have been converted and transferred to my phone, all the info is there.
However, since my phone has updated to Lollipop 5.0.1, when I try and transfer a single track to my phone, it takes a couple minutes before it even asks me if I want to convert the file first. I say yes and the progress gets up to about 95% in about 5-10 seconds, then gets stuck there saying that it has about 5 seconds remaining for about 5-10 minutes before telling me the file couldn't be transferred because either the phone has stopped responding or the phone doesn't support the file type and I'll need to convert it first.
I'm trying to put the music on my microSD card, so I put it in an older Android device (T-Mobile myTouch 4G) that supports USB storage connection type and transferred the files. It was much faster (I know USB storage is faster than MTP), but it didn't give me the option to convert before the transfer, and when I put the microSD card back in my phone, they tracks still only had track names.
PC is running Windows 8.1 and my Verizon Note 4 (SM-N910V) is running Lollipop 5.0.1 with a Samsung Pro 32GB microSD HC Class 10
Is there a way to fix or this or is there another way to transfer my music that would be less of a hassle?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones