1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

iTunes playlists on Android

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wonderfulcounsellor, Sep 20, 2017.

1. wonderfulcounsellor

None

Sep 20, 2017
    Hi all

First post, please be kind with responses esp if in the wrong place / already answered elsewhere!

I've used iTunes on an old iPhone for a while now but have never really liked iOS; finally went over to Android and very happy with it, an OS that suits me much better. Inevitably having used Apple systems for a few years I've got some things on there that I quite like. I've used iTunes for my music and am happy with it, but more importantly I've spent some time producing playlists I want to keep. Is there a way to use iTunes directly with my phone to sync playlists or do I need either a different app on the computer (ie something that isn't iTunes), or to develop new playlists manually on my phone? I can get the music on the phone, just not the playlists.

Many thanks.

Will

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    There are third-party tools that can export iTunes libraries and playlists to non-Apple devices. This is one I found in the App Store, I've never used it though.
    http://www.gtrigonakis.com/exportforitunes/
    ...I'm sure there are others as well. Obviously don't expect any help from Apple here, they want to keep you locked to their hardware and ecosystem.