• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iTunes Sync in Froyo?

One of the massive bonuses of running an Android device over my previous phone (3GS) is the ability to not have to use iTunes. Granted it's still on my machine - I haven't found a program that will work as well with my 2 iPods, but I prefer to use it as scarcely as possible.

kinda feel the same as you, BUT, iSyncR is amazing for android

Upvote 0
If HTC have failed to provide divx support I will be annoyed.
Why the hell does anyone want to use iTunes? (unless they own an iPhone or iPod Touch)
What is the problem with using either
a. Windows Explorer, copy and pasting my stuff onto the SD card.
b. Using Windows Media Player 12 to sync my music, video and photos.

Upvote 0
If HTC have failed to provide divx support I will be annoyed.
Why the hell does anyone want to use iTunes? (unless they own an iPhone or iPod Touch)
What is the problem with using either
a. Windows Explorer, copy and pasting my stuff onto the SD card.
b. Using Windows Media Player 12 to sync my music, video and photos.

Mac users for once. And having automatic syncing is great.
iTunes is in my view a great app. Does what it's supposed to do, and the UI doesn't get in the way (where media player fails a lot of the time).
But the again on the Mac iTunes isn't the bloatware it is on Windows.

The big problem with using the drag & drop thing is that you constantly need to keep track of things you have added to your library. I really like that whenever I have purchased some music & ripped a cd, it's automatically synced to my phone the next time I hook up.

But as far as I can see the iTunes sync option is for Windows users only (seems to be using HTC sync app) so I'm sticking to Salling media sync for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones