• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root iTunes syncing?

alanthing

Jul 19, 2010
I know, not everyone uses iTunes, but for my wife it's really important that she doesn't have to use another program (iSyncr, doubleTwist) to get her songs on her phone. I set up doubleTwist last night and tried to configure everything to be as automatic as possible (just plug it in and wait) but it's cumbersome and slow. iTunes syncing would be a gem. Now obviously after the Palm fiasco with them and Apple going back and forth about the iPod emulation, I just figured that other smartphones wouldn't try out of fear of being removed from the USB committee (or whatever), but does HTC have something in the works?

Official: HTC rolling out Android 2.2, 720p video, iTunes sync to unlocked Euro Desires this weekend -- Engadget

Looks like HTC Hero users in the UK will get some kind of iTunes syncing capabilities! Is there any hope of this getting yanked from one of those ROMs and made available for other phones like the Incredible? Or does this involve some nonsense middle application like doubleTwist?

I know, not everyone uses iTunes, but for my wife it's really important that she doesn't have to use another program (iSyncr, doubleTwist) to get her songs on her phone. I set up doubleTwist last night and tried to configure everything to be as automatic as possible (just plug it in and wait) but it's cumbersome and slow. iTunes syncing would be a gem. Now obviously after the Palm fiasco with them and Apple going back and forth about the iPod emulation, I just figured that other smartphones wouldn't try out of fear of being removed from the USB committee (or whatever), but does HTC have something in the works?

Official: HTC rolling out Android 2.2, 720p video, iTunes sync to unlocked Euro Desires this weekend -- Engadget

Looks like HTC Hero users in the UK will get some kind of iTunes syncing capabilities! Is there any hope of this getting yanked from one of those ROMs and made available for other phones like the Incredible? Or does this involve some nonsense middle application like doubleTwist?

You dont have to sync anything. All you do is open itunes, highlight all your music from top to bottom, then drag and drop it into your SD card. in itunes, click on the first song, then scroll all to the bottom and hold shift then click on the last song. That will highlight them all. Make sure you have your window open to your sd card, then literally click on your songs and drag them to the SD card. It will copy them all, and you are all done. Easy.

Upvote 0
Brand new to smartpgones. I have the EVO and want to move my music over from iTunes. When you talk about sdropping onto the SD card, do you mean a sub folder under EVO directory or just drop on the EVO directory it self? Sorry for the basic questions.

I haven't worked with the Android phones a lot yet but with my BlackBerry you could put the music anywhere and the phone will just recognize the media in the Media Player. However, to save yourself some sanity it's easiest to make some folders for some organization ;)

Upvote 0
The main reason this is bringing iTunes sync via the update is because the Desire will have full integration with HTC Sync 3.0 which has iTunes syncing/Playlist syncing, it kinda works on the Incredible but its very glitchy without the new HTC sync app on the phone, which sadly, the 2.2 Incredible update does not have, even though HTC Sync 3.0 has images for the Incredible as a model thats supported.

Maybe someone can port over the HTC Sync app from the 2.2 Desire when its updated, so we can put it on our Incredible's

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones