• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ITV Hub Problem

gilera

Dec 31, 2011
Spain
I use ITV Hub via vpn as per BBC Iplayer which works 100%. The ITV Hub will not run on my Android tv box, phone, Lenovo pad and bluestacks. The recorded programmes ads run and then player stops with static screen. If a live channel is selected nothing happens. The App used to work but has started doing this in the last year or so. The strange thing is that both players run on windows 10 using firefox or most other browsers using same vpn. Does anybody know what has changed on ITV Hub to cause this.I have tried location change app but it does not change the problem.

ITV Hub won't install and run correctly, unless your registered Google Account region and devices are set to United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.

It's the same for me. even when using a UK IP address VPN.
Screenshot 2021-05-29 at 00.17.50.png

Doesn't really bother me, and if I really wanted to watch Coronation Street or Emmerdale on my Android devices, I could probably download them from other sources.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does anyone know of a way of registering the google account in the UK? Why does the Hub work on a browser on Windows computers?

Here's how to change your Google Account country.
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7431675?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en
NOTE: You can only change your Play country once per year.

FWIW I've got my Google Account country set as United States, although I'm actually in China, really because of availability of US Google Play vouchers here.

As for it playing on your computer's browser, no real ideas, except to say that ITV Hub doesn't work for me in a browser, with a VPN(Astrill or Express) to a UK IP address, and neither does Ch4 or Ch5 online streaming services.

However BBC iPlayer does work no problems via a VPN in China, well after I checked and agreed that I had a TV licence!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones