1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I've actually bricked it

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nten, Jan 6, 2012.

1. nten

nten Lurker
    None

I've "got" a T-Mobile Galaxy S2 i1900 rooted using Super-oneclick and yesterday used Odin to flash ICS, it was hanging for ages so I let it run to see what happened and got on with something else. Then disaster struck, 7 year old unplugged phone for some secret Doodle Jump action which nixed it up. Phone wouldn't boot. I tried a hard and soft reset, nothing, I could get to download screen so tried flash of original firmware using the intratech/xda guide. Then the battery died midway in.

I plugged the charger in, nothing. No screen, lights, nada. Won't go to download.The battery has warmed up but that's the only sign of life.

Any help? I've Googled this for the last 12 hrs with no luck. A mate in work has a jig so actually looking forward to Monday but I think this is the slimmest of slim chances. Do I have to try and blag it in the T Mobile shop?

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Two abnormally-aborted flashes may well have done for it, I'm afraid.

Try removing the battery from the handset for a couple of hours, then reinsert it and try charging again (switched off). Hopefully after an hour or two it will be able to boot into download mode under its own steam.

nten likes this.
  3. nten

nten Lurker
    None

Had the battery out overnight, gave it an 8 hour charge. Nothing, just some warmth at the rear. Your fears are confirmed Slug. I took it into a T-Mobile store yesterday afternoon and the lad I spoke to confidently declared it to be a problem with the phone rather than the battery. He's sent it off so fingers crossed the repair centre are just as inattentive. Thanks for your help, lesson is to wait for OTA ICS and to buy a cheap Hero for kids to play games on. :rolleyes: