1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Ive done enough damage for one night....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xRoadkillx913x, Jun 18, 2011.

1. xRoadkillx913x

None

Dec 29, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    So last night I tried to create a new theme. Created it using UOT Kitchen and uploaded, entered recovery and all I did was delete all my apps numbers and widgets :thinking:. So today since I got off work I have been hellbent on trying to figure out how to finish what I have started. I have tried the Sense Rom and CM7 Rom, and nothing. First if you can verify I have at least done this right.

I downloaded the zip, unzipped, transferred to root of sd card, through terminal emulator tried to flash the image, and it tells me that img cant be found. even though I addressed it properly.

I have watched countless videos, read articles, and screwed with my phone to try and figure this out. But I have overwritten the framework folder several times. changed all kinds of crap, and not sure if i should go back to a fresh 2.2 to start over. Also do i need to be 2.2 or 2.2.1, or does it even matter.

Please help
    Corey

Advertisement

2. xRoadkillx913x

None

Dec 29, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Also. How do you get to bootloader. Is it locked on MS690? Everytime I have tried to enter it. It Automatically recovers. I have tried Volume down and power. and tried it through Terminal.

Again thank you for any help
    Corey

3. jabbawest

jabbawest Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Level III Support Dallas County
    Fountain of Lamneth
    Just throw the ZIPPED ROM onto your sdcard and then boot into custom recovery to flash it.
    Bootloader can be gotten to by using Quickboot from the Market but again, you have to have custom recovery installed.
    See my sig for more if you haven't flashed custom recovery.

xRoadkillx913x likes this.
  4. xRoadkillx913x

None

Dec 29, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Okay if I put the whole .zip file. do i still use the boot.img contained in the zip.

And thank you for your help. Nowhere I read told me to put it in there zipped. They didnt say unzip it but i assumed the ms690 was unable to unzip a folder.

5. lucas.childers

lucas.childers Android Enthusiast
    None

May 7, 2011
    ROMs always come zipped. Just how it is. The boot.img is inside the zip I believe and the phone will find it itself.

6. xRoadkillx913x

None

Dec 29, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Oh. So without being able to get into boatloader until the custom rom, do i do this from the terminal, if so is it

$su
    # flash_image recovery /sdcard/boot.img

Also whats the difference between the ROM and theme.

7. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast
    None

The rom is the actual system your phone uses. Think of your rom like your internal organs. A theme is like your clothes. How u wanna dress it up. Get joinedys custom recovery search for it in this forum. No emulators or nothing. Its pretty, cut and dry

When flashing a rom wipe everything. Using the kitchen themes wipe nothing. Just flash the zip and reboot.

Tags: