• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ive done enough damage for one night....

So last night I tried to create a new theme. Created it using UOT Kitchen and uploaded, entered recovery and all I did was delete all my apps numbers and widgets :thinking:. So today since I got off work I have been hellbent on trying to figure out how to finish what I have started. I have tried the Sense Rom and CM7 Rom, and nothing. First if you can verify I have at least done this right.

I downloaded the zip, unzipped, transferred to root of sd card, through terminal emulator tried to flash the image, and it tells me that img cant be found. even though I addressed it properly.

I have watched countless videos, read articles, and screwed with my phone to try and figure this out. But I have overwritten the framework folder several times. changed all kinds of crap, and not sure if i should go back to a fresh 2.2 to start over. Also do i need to be 2.2 or 2.2.1, or does it even matter.

Please help
Corey

I have tried the Sense Rom and CM7 Rom, and nothing. First if you can verify I have at least done this right.

I downloaded the zip, unzipped, transferred to root of sd card, through terminal emulator tried to flash the image, and it tells me that img cant be found. even though I addressed it properly.

Please help
Corey
Just throw the ZIPPED ROM onto your sdcard and then boot into custom recovery to flash it.
Bootloader can be gotten to by using Quickboot from the Market but again, you have to have custom recovery installed.
See my sig for more if you haven't flashed custom recovery.

Reactions: xRoadkillx913x
Upvote 0
The rom is the actual system your phone uses. Think of your rom like your internal organs. A theme is like your clothes. How u wanna dress it up. Get joinedys custom recovery search for it in this forum. No emulators or nothing. Its pretty, cut and dry

When flashing a rom wipe everything. Using the kitchen themes wipe nothing. Just flash the zip and reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones