1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Ive got icarus and apps like set cpu and battery widget why is my phone still slow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidFan420, Mar 25, 2011.

1. AndroidFan420

AndroidFan420 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Mover
    Manchester, NH
    With that setup you would assume id have a little more speed mabye its my 1x connection probly is
    metro in new hampshire has no 3g 4g what if any thing can I do to speed things up

Advertisement

2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    If its data speed you area worrying about you area screwed.

I just use wifi.

If you are lagging and your framerate is choppy tgat is a different story...

What "battery widget"? If its a juicedefender type app I would delete it and that may help.

You can also try "fix permissions" in cwm under "advanced"

If you are trying to play a game maybe you want froyo instead of icarus. It really is faster but no mms and standard apps2sd has nothing on a2sd with icarus.

3. la sal

la sal Android Expert
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Male
    Waukesha, WI
    Juicedefender made my Ascend lag so much that I uninstalled it.

Sounds like the real problem is with your 1X service. I don't know how anyone can watch youtube on 1X. It is painfully slow. Connecting to wifi is the only way that I know of to speed up your data service.

4. Lennatron

Lennatron Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Male
    College Student
    PA
    Above is a quote from Isaac.

5. Anduiril

Anduiril Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Male
    Electronics Technician
    Orlando, FL
    If you are talking about data then it is the 1x. And your only option for faster is to use wi-fi. If you are talking about general lagging, try removing the battery widget it might be what is slowing you down (I haven't used it so I don't know how it works exactly but other battery "savers" slow the phone down). If you aren't using wi-fi or gps make sure they are turned off. It saves your battery and the phone isn't constantly looking for those signals wasting cpu time which will slow it down.

6. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    also disable wall scrolling in launcher pro preference setting, that will speed up you switching screens, and also you can set the speed of switching screen in preference also, and the 1x data, well nothing great about that it sucks a know, but for $100 bucks its a steal...but metro has phones thats higher in price than our lil ascend that cant do half the stuff the ascend can do, and with the new indulge look on metro facebook plenty of complaints about there internet/4g not working and that also depends on where you live. never use no battery apps they are bad just like any app killer, remember linux runs different from windows, some stuff is needed to run in order for your phone to run like a champ. But i can recommend something, Auto Memory Manager, And Cache Mate for Root Users.

7. krazykaigh

krazykaigh Newbie
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Nuttmeg, is SetCPU and TaskPanel also unnecessary?

8. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    yes icarus is already overclock to 600, but you can use it to under clock with screen off...and task panel? lets do a test, download Go Launcher and after you install it when you open up your app drawer, there are 3 tabs, All, Recent, Running, you can click the running tab and see whats all running and you also can close them and they want open until you open the app again plus its a smooth launcher way better than launcher pro. but i never use taskpanel its just another app killer like advance task killer... but i charge my phone and i can go almost 2 days without recharging it depends on how long i talk on the phone or the games i play on the which i rarely do, but ill post a video from youtube i found about the go launcher, trust me you want regret it.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5LISE8BU_E

9. ucraj510

ucraj510 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 29, 2011
    yea, u CANT OVERCLOCK the ascend using setcpu
    it doesnt have overclock kernal
    on the otherhand i have cm7 with ACTUALLY overclocks to 710

10. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State

yep, have cm7 also and theres just a little increase of speed, but also your over all speed depends on the apps thats running or how many apps your running at 1 time.

11. AndroidFan420

None

Feb 19, 2011
    Mover
    Manchester, NH

what is cm7 or where can i find out more about it?

12. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    look here for installation: http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/304965-cm7-installation.html

or here for info: CM7-Ascend - Prepaid Android

Also just to clear some things up, alot of battery saver apps will drain your battery faster and cause alot of lags and also certain 1's but mostly all effect your data depends on your settings, it can turn your data off which means but example your account want sync well which you might get an email hours later, might cause you to loose in coming calls/drop calls, talking from experience and just a peace of mind.

13. AndroidFan420

None

Feb 19, 2011
    Mover
    Manchester, NH
    I think ill hold off on that for a while..... sounds like its going to be awsome tho

14. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    yes would be best to hold off on it since usb not working and if your not familiar with restoring nandroid back ups and also if you like taking pic, cause cam dont work yet, but will be work on by the DEv, this is just a beta, but if you want to try it bio means try it, its a good rom, just remember to backup your current rom before flashing cm7.