1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

i've had my non rooted hero for almost a year..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ladfan31, Oct 3, 2010.

1. ladfan31

ladfan31 Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    and now im bored with it. i've heard that rooted heros are so much better. but can someone tell me the advantages? also i dont even know where to begin on rooting it.

Advertisement

2. Guitardoc64

Guitardoc64 Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Music Store guitar/amp tech
    Lake Charles, LA
    Rooting is easy, and the benefits are huge. There is plenty of info on the how-to and there are tons of custom ROMs and update tweaks. I'm personally running NfiniteFX's stock Sprint -w- apps2SD. Overclocked, even my friends with EVOs are impressed.

3. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 27, 2009
    Information Technology
    Central Florida
    Rooting gives you options such as being able to use Android 2.2 and to speed things up. You can also have wifi tethering and speed up the phone some. I rooted mine about 5 months after having it for the same reasons that you are thinking of. I will say, you will still get bored. I now use my phone for business a lot which is why I no longer get bored with it.

4. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 13, 2009
    I have an EVO now because I didn't want to waste my yearly upgrade waiting on something that may not show up in the next year. I have to say I am very happy with the EVO. The Hero still has some life left in it with rooting and ROMs. I was quite content with my rooted Hero. It was like a brand new phone and I could have kept it for another year but I just had that itch and I had to scratch it.
    Read everything you can put your eyes on about rooting and then jump in you won't be disappointed.

Tags: