• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I've soft bricked my galaxy s6

G

galaxy s6

I have a Galaxy S6 Tmobile latest update in december.
I tried to root my phone, did it, but no audio during calls. Then I installed TWRP and flashed a zip that would have fixed it, but it was for 5.1.1 and i have 6.0.1.

I've tried Factory resetting, but the kernel is the same. I'm currently downloading the latest update on my computer and I'm going to flash it (it's downloading rather slowly). Is there any way to completely remove the customizations i've done to my phone? I don't care about knox. I just want call audio back. Maybe root, but I don't want this phone broken. It's out of warranty.
Also, the screens left is inverted to the right. Please Help me thank you

Where are you getting the latest update from, Sammobile.com?
If so, that would be the first place I'd recommend getting it from and flashing it with ODIN ;)
That will get you back to normal.

Any more questions about it, just ask :D
I made an account to reply.

Thank you for pointing me towards sammobile. I was downloading from another website, and that was taking AGES to finish. Sammobile file is downloading twice as fast, so i cancelled the other one.

I went ahead and installed a debloated ROM through TWRP made specifically for S6 T-Mobile. It downloaded in a few minutes because of small file size. My sim card is now detected! But The screen is still inverted. I'm also getting a popup every few seconds that says "unfortunately IMS service has stopped".

To be honest, I would prefer this debloated ROM to the stock ROM. Do you know how to fix the inverted screen, maybe through build.prop? and how to remove the popup?

Upvote 0
Did you flash the firmware, then reroot, flash twrp and then the rom?
Or did you just do the rom flash via twrp?
I flashed SpaceX Kernel, then CF auto Root, and then flashed twrp from inside android (using the twrp app). then I copied the ROM onto a flash drive which i installed the zip from TWRP.

I'm trying another debloated ROM right now, though. It might work better than the first one I was using.

What is a firmware?

Upvote 0
Firmware is essentially a ROM, and note that a Factory Reset does NOT wipe the operating system or any of the system partitions, it only wipes clean the general user data partition.
I'd suggest reflashing a stock ROM just to get your S6 working properly again. (and since you'll be in your phone's Recovery Mode it might be prudent to always wipe the system cache partition too when changing ROMs.) Make a full backup, and then start trying out different third-party ROMs.

Upvote 0
Did you flash the firmware, then reroot, flash twrp and then the rom?
Or did you just do the rom flash via twrp?
Firmware is essentially a ROM, and note that a Factory Reset does NOT wipe the operating system or any of the system partitions, it only wipes clean the general user data partition.
I'd suggest reflashing a stock ROM just to get your S6 working properly again. (and since you'll be in your phone's Recovery Mode it might be prudent to always wipe the system cache partition too when changing ROMs.) Make a full backup, and then start trying out different third-party ROMs.
I downloafmd my samsung firmwares from Updato their trustworthy plus the downloads are faster

TL;DR: Fixed. I accidentally installed Edge software on my flat s6, it's different. Typing *#2663# into the dialer and then pressing the first button on the second row and then the first button on the first row fixed it.

It's working now! Thank you for your help. What I ended up doing was restoring everything to stock, using the sammobile firmware through Odin, then I flashed the kernel, CF Autoroot, then the kernel again (I think), then installed TWRP using their app, then flashed the "Debloated" ROM(Stockish v3), but everything was still inverted and now the capacitive buttons didn't work. The SIM card was detected, and I still got the IMS popups. I didn't have access to my PC, but I had both ROMS on my flash drive so I flashed the second ROM, "Twisted-V4". I still got the IMS popups, but since I didn't have my computer I ended up just flashing the ROM over itself, and It worked. No more popups, capacative buttons worked, SIM card worked. But there was still the issue of the inverted screen... What I did, was found after several pages of Googling, that I may have installed an Edge Rom/Recovery on my Flat s6, and the capacative drivers or something are calibrated differently, so the x-axis is flipped and registers taps opposite side to where you clicked. There was a code I typed in my dialer, *#2663#, which brought up some calibration thing? I'm not to sure? I was running out of hope, but then I tapped on the second button, still flipped. oh well, then i tried the first button, on the left, and it waited a sec, then it worked! I now have a rooted, custom rom, with all my carrier tweaks liek video calling, smart messaging, VoLTE, Wifi calling/texting, and visual voicemail all working. Thank you for all your help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones