• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

J6 no notification light when i receive message

samperuso1

Lurker
Nov 23, 2019
Hi Guys

I have been setting up my new Samsung j6, and i have noticed i dont get a an intermitant flashing light when
i receive a text message, and its not been read.
I checked online, and followed the instructions to turn on flash notifications and screen light, not turned on camera light because flashing once, is not really going to remind me i have a message sitting unread.

Strange how a missing little blue flashing light can annoy you lol.

Any help appreciated

Brian

If you are using a third-party app, there could be an issue where there's a conflict between the integral Samsung notifications and the third-party app. Sometimes they will work together, sometimes it's an either/or issue. Some text messaging apps include their own feature set for notifications in their own settings menu so there could be an issue with that too. Please elaborate with some more details -- Which version of Android is your J6 running? Which text messaging app do you use? Are you still using that LED Blinker Notification Lite app? (...if so you might want to upgrade to the full version)

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
According to its Play Store page, some of the advantages include, as quoted
"Advantages full version:
Functions:
✔ Contact specfic colors for WhatsApp, missed call, Telegram, Signal
✔ Save battery in pocket mode
✔ light and dark color scheme
✔ export/import settings (no lost settings when you install new ROMS/mods)
✔ Enable the camera flashlight for new notifications (laboratory function - beta)
✔ New smart notifications (filter for specific message text)
✔ Use app symbols or custom pictures for on screen LED
✔ All apps are supported
✔ Facebook messages
✔ WhatsApp
✔ Skype messages
✔ Twitter, Threema (now with group support), Facebook Messenger and so on.
"

I'd suggest reading through the full description yourself to do a thorough test, or send the developer a note as he appears to be quite responsive to reader rating comments.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ledblinker&hl=en_US

It's still not determined that this is actually related to your problem or not. But since you are using a third-party solution and not knowing if you're trying to adjust the indicator notification through your phone's Settings or the app, again, it could be an either/or matter or they do work in conjunction with each other. I don't know.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones